Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Escaping the Constant Gloom

I love Washington, don't get me wrong. It is beautiful and green and clean and nature-y here. Though it's taken me many years to get to this point, I do appreciate the scenery. But in order to have the year-round greenness we have to have a METRIC F*CKTON of rain and gloom. So. Much. Rain. I am a California girl at heart. I am not made for this constant grey. I deal, since it means we at least have pretty trees and grass and blooming things in return.

However, when I wake up to yet another grey, cold late May morning here in the depressing Pacific Northwest, I can't help but be ecstatic that the temperature in the BVI averages between 77F in the winter and 83F in the summer. Yes, there is rain, but less than 50" a year. Besides, this is what you get in return:



Now that is MY kind of weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment