Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright

I am feeling MUCH better this morning following:

  • A chat with my bosom buddy Yvonne
  • A pep talk from my roommate
  • A sweet, if not juvenile, romantic comedy (Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist)
  • A good amount of tears
  • A half a bottle of riesling 
The glass truly is half full and I can not lose sight of that. Also, I knew moving here that I would meet transitional characters. That does not mean, however, that great things can't happen. Look at my friendship with Yvonne! She was just down here on holiday, and now I consider her one of my closest friends. 

Me and Yvonne, New Year's Eve. Awww yeeeahhh.

As my mama said to me last night, "It's ok to have an open heart." Boy, if that doesn't describe me to a T I don't know what does. So, I'm just going to keep on keepin' on and see what the future holds, and be grateful for the people that this island brings into my life - whether it be for good or just for a little while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment